When the management shared these inputs with us, we instantly knew the first step of the solution and proposed to work on building stronger relationships amongst these teams.
- We should be able to create an environment of Trust and Mutual Respect within the team
- While working for team’s success people should be Mindful, be able to take Responsibility and Win and Loose as a Team.
- They should be able to work with Diverse people and from Diverse locations
- To inculcate the culture of Open Communication, and
- They should be welcoming and championing Change with positive outlook
- They should become more Emotionally Active while working in a team
To achieve the outlined objectives, we planned a series of games preluded with an experiment to explain why we do not collaborate with all sorts of people and how with a change in perspective towards other people we may be able to create better and synergized teams. Each activity was followed by a reciprocation as to what could possibly be learnt about team dynamics through the activity. To make sure that people understand the relevance and seriousness of the event, we had suggested the management to announce one change in form of a team member’s location and role rotation at the end of the event.
- By the end of the event people had worked closely with people from the other location striking a relationship
- The communication in the group had started to flow in seamlessly
- The mind-blocks about team members from the other location had started to vanish
- There was a sense of belonging that we could see at the end of the workshop
- People had agreed to work in different roles and locations based on the need of the product
- The Change of location of one of the employees was welcomed by both the employee and his team in the new location
The program also allowed the people to talk about similar situations they have been before and what were the challenges that faced them and how they are going to handle them going forward.
Services: People Development
Engagement with Team: 4 Weeks
Workshop Duration: 8 hours